Monday, August 1, 2011

And then there were 2....

    July 31st, 2011..... that's when it all started! Balei & Davis, ages 8 & 5, decided I needed 2 little gnomes. What a surprise! I never thought I would have one of these adorable little guys, let alone 2 of them! Keep in mind, I've always thought fairies, gnomes, trolls, and such, were just "cute little guys". Boy was I wrong! I'm getting an education for sure! First of all I couldn't just name them, I had to wait for them to trust me enough to tell me their name. And you have to show them respect and use either Mr, Mrs, or Miss.
    Finally, early evening, Mr Pichonio softly speaks up as I'm playing on the computer. "I'm Mr Pichonio"...... this just like totally freaked me out! I slowly turn to the right to look at him sitting on my counter. Ummm, OK.... he just sits there looking blank. I slowly turn back to my computer thinking I'm totally crazy. Then in a little deeper voice, but still softly..... clears his throat, "Billy Bob BoFlex"...... Wow! I'm totally losing it!!!
I guess they figured I was just going to ignore them until I knew their names - Gnomes don't like to be ignored! They like to think they have the upper-hand, not in a mean way, they just want to be smarter than big people.
    Thinking they like to be out in the garden, I proudly set them out in the flowers and take their pictures. I leave them out there while I'm fixing dinner thinking they are happy little gnomes now. Well I look out the window and Mr Billy Bob BoFlex is up in the tree! The last thing I need to do is take a gnome to the hospital with a broken arm! I head outside to get him and that's when I noticed the ax on his shoulder..... "Are you try to chop down my tree?" Nothing.... then as I look away.... "No, I can see better up here!"
    I knew at that point my hands were going to be FULL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment